Wednesday, November 23, 2011

new work

I've been back in school again since September, and it's been exciting to indulge in and have access to new equipment and processes! Here are some of the pieces and experiments I've made in the past couple months.

Hand-bound book, containing 100 straying drawings on translucent paper:



Portraits drawn with string, sandwiched between handmade abaca and cotton paper. I hadn't expected to like papermaking as much as I am:



Looping book, containing a never-ending narrative. I plan to make
many more of these. I also became obsessed
with the kwikprint foil stamper, as you can see here:




Little book utilizing overlapping transparencies:




Letterpress experiments:



Stills from a couple new animation projects I'm excited about making,
using the Vandercook press:



3 comments:

  1. It was great to see your post show up in my RSS feed Lilli...I'm such a big fan of your work. You're doing wonderful things in school these days. Cool to see you getting into book making and paper things and creative transparency magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been so prolific!! The looping book is such a cool idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! yeah, i am all about experimenting with transparency magic these days, so much can be done with it!

    ReplyDelete